JioPhone Next may be available during the Diwali festive season in India.
Mukesh Ambani, Reliance’s Chairman, and Managing Director made an announcement that the company is working on a budget 4G phone designed especially for Indian users.
He revealed that in the AGM held in June. The cheapest 4G smart JioPhone will be available in India on Ganesh Chaturthi this year i.e. September 10. However, this has been deferred.
The phone is still under testing now and will be released before Diwali, stated by The company. Thus enjoying the maximum benefit of festive season sales.
Hence we are just a few days away from the official unveiling of that smartphone.
Few handfuls of information about the phone.
Reliance made a collaboration with Google in making The JioPhone Next. That comes with many features that are customized to run on a low specced smartphone.
It will support Google Assistant, Camera Go, Chrome Go, and Duo Go. The JioPhone Next is expected with The camera app, which comes with a Snapchat filter built-in and will have an HDR mode.
Even Google’s CEO Sundar Pichai revealed that the JioPhone Next will offer language and translation features, a great camera, and support for the latest Android updates.
- Prior to the JioPhone Next, a 4G feature phone called JioPhone was launched by Reliance Company, which was available to purchase virtually free of charge.
- That was followed by JioPhone 2 – another 4G feature phone, modified with a slightly larger display and Qwerty keypad.
- There are rumors that the company is working on a budget 5G phone. And that may be launched sometime later next year.
Design and Display
- The design of Jiophone Next may not differ from any budget 4G phone available in the market as of now.
- It comes with a flat display on the front. And a noticeable bezel on the top and bottom.
- The selfie camera and the earpiece are located above the display.
- There are no physical buttons on the front of the device.
- The power button and the volume rocker are located on the right side of the phone and on the back, we have the rear-facing camera along with a flash, Jio branding at the center, and a speaker grille at the bottom.
- Since it’s a budget-focused phone, it will have a headphone jack and most probably it will be located at the bottom alongside the charging port.